The constituents of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, especially when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been looking at this issue for 15 years. I’ve talked with parents that are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with experts who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just begin with something basic. Precisely what is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent is definitely the primary constituent of each vaccine. Included in this are antigens such as hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one reason behind pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This is employed to raise the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and creating a slow release of it. Aluminum inside the blood is associated with allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This can be employed to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Being exposed to formaldehyde is associated to cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is absolutely no known threshold level below which there is certainly not a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also known as merthiolate, thimerosal hails from mercury and has been utilized being a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is probably the most potent neurotoxins known to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from Usa licensed vaccines. This occurred after it absolutely was stated that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury during the first 6 months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol remains utilized in flu vaccines and in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent research is showing that thimerosal is a lot more prevalent in vaccines now than it absolutely was in 1999!
5) Other Components: Included in this are phenol that is utilized inside the extraction process of making vaccines and it is a very toxic substance derived from coal tar which can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and two phenoxyethanol are alcohols which are used as antiseptics to hinder the growth and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And then there are the unwanted or unknown components that only occur during the process. It really is particularly challenging to establish reasons behind side effects as a result of these unknown substances.
So, what exactly are we to create of the? I’m uncertain. Will it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I might knowingly inject into my very own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it would be with their benefit.
Vaccine proponents repeat the proof benefit is apparent. Vaccine opponents repeat the proof of benefit is way from clear and that the science behind vaccinations is pretty shabby. Before you make a choice, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, check out the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For that con side of vaccinations, go to the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).